Professional Development Resources for Faculty & Staff
Welcome! Washington State University Faculty and Staff are invited to utilize this toolkit to learn more about upcoming workshops, training opportunities, and resources to help serve first-generation college students.
First-Generation Student Perspectives
We asked First-Generation students participating in programs such as the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), First Scholars Program, and TRIO Student Support Services Program why programs like these work for them - check out what they had to say!
For more information about First-Generation programs and initiatives here at Washington State University, please click here.
Articles and Publications of Interest:
Check out these articles and publications of interest below!
- Advancing College Opportunity for Low-Income Students
- Rising Tide: Do College Grad Rate Gains Benefit All Students?
- Indicators of Higher Education Equity in the United States - 2016 Historial Trend Report
Join the First Scholars Program at Washington State University in a conversation about instituting a campus culture of support for first-generation college students. Add yourself to the network and learn more about how you can serve first-generation students. Click here for more information!
Please check again later for upcoming workshops and training opportunities.
Examples or previous workshops and training activities included:
- First-Generation Resources and Services at WSU
- Cultural Characteristics and Behaviors
- First-Generation College Student Classroom Pedagogies
Click the button above to request an outreach presentation from the Office for Access, Equity & Achievement!